Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lord I was born a ramblin’ maaan!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006.

That’s right, ramblin’…the entirety of today’s (and most of yesterday’s) events was spent traveling to the home base.

The first flight began from Dulles airport around 6:35 PM Eastern Standard Time after about four planned hours of waiting to get through security. We left 10 minutes ahead of schedule, actually, so it was looking as if this trip would be done a bit quicker than anticipated. When I checked my bags, I requested to be placed in the exit row so that my tall, lanky self would not be so cramped up on the long flight to Paris. General rule of thumb: Exit seat = LEG ROOM!!!

Anyway, back to the flight.. About 2 hours in I looked over and saw this out the window...


Easily one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. There are more now posted in myphotoalbum :)

Shortly after it set, and a VERY nice airline dinner, I fell asleep for a surprising 3 hours, which effectively overcame the jet-lag most of the students are now dealing with. After waking, sunrise peaked at around 1:00 AM eastern time, and we landed shortly afterward (2:45) in Paris at their/my new local time, 8:45 AM.

More to come in the next post...(also the 16th...lots to explain yet)

Peace and love,
B Ezie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool photos! Glad you had a good flight. I still need to send you my "must see" list. Have a great time...love the blog BTW.
- Q

Thu Aug 17, 05:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Work has been crazy crazy for me so i am finally catching up on all your posts. and wow ... thats a lot of posts. awesome pics! you know who would've loved that sunset pic ...

Fri Aug 25, 11:27:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, I missed a lot. I'm gonna try to catch up with everything ASAP. Nice sunset/rise?? pics, btw.

Mon Aug 28, 07:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home