Sunday, October 12, 2008

And the Tapering Continues...

The 20 mile run was a great success! I ran it over the very hilly Blacksburg Virginia Terrain, and still managed to finish with no unusual pains or nagging fatigue. In fact, I felt like if that were the day I had to run 26.2 I honestly believe I could have done it!

Now that it is a week later and another 12 miles have been run for the long weekend trek, I'm starting to get nervous. I've read its common for people to have pre-race anxiety with the tapering down to seemingly nothing before the big day, but I'm still nervous that I may not be eating right with the lowering of weekly mileage. The diet is pretty consistent, with pasta being the food of choice when available. However, it does feel different when you don't burn all of the carbs right away, and I guess what I'm concerned about is not what I eat, but how my bio-rhythm is affected. I'm terrified of possibly going out there on race day with a big cramp that makes me make a pitstop along the way...such an inconvenience. Again, normal for most people, but I just don't want it to be me.

Anyway, the tapering will keep getting lower this week. Will keep you posted on the midweek runs as they come. 2 Weeks to the day!

Be Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home