Running on empty...
Days to marathon: 150
Miles to date: 24
Week 2 of the double-work-at-work has been less time friendly. Tuesday I was in the office from 7am to 9:30pm meeting month end cut-offs, and the rest of the week thus far has been fairly similar. I knew it would be a really time consuming day coming in, so I ran my first 3 miler on the holiday. The training program calls for runs every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday if you can manage it, but this week it would have been nearly impossible. That said, I'm glad I planned ahead to be certain I got the miles in. I followed with two more 3 mile runs after work both yesterday and this evening.
While everything seems to be going well, my body isn't too happy about the change in schedule. I've lost out on some significant sleep in the past few days. While it hasn't been close to the all nighters I pulled a few small months ago at school, I do notice that my legs seem heavier and feel like they are dragging when I run. I also am aware that my attentiveness is reduced at work. I wouldn't say its to the point where I am a walking zombie, but there is evidence of it early morning and mid-afternoon when I hit a lull and feel very tired. Hopefully I can get a full night's rest tonight and tomorrow so that I'll be fresh again when I take on a 7 mile run this Saturday.
B.Easy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home