Saturday, August 19, 2006

And if at first you don't succeed, you can dust it off and try again...

Dust yourself off and try again. Try again.

At last, after lots of work and side travels, I've finally gotten the chance to catch you all up to date here on the blog.

For the second attempt, today in class I tried to pay more attention to what Dr Littlefield was saying rather than what was on the slides, and It seemed to work. I'd write down some general summary of the things he'd point out and just key words from the slides. Looking back on the notes, they seemed to actually have some structure this time and made sense to me when putting piece to piece. So I'd say I won that small battle of figuring out how to keep up.

He's got some pretty great stories, and has seen a lot of the worlds different ways and customs through several abroad programs, jobs, and places he has lived. There's really a lot you can learn from someone who is so well traveled, and not only in the business context we are thrown into in class. Of course a bunch of things relate to the subject at hand, but just talking to him outside of class has already provided me with an invaluable wealth of information on how to travel smarter, some of the differences between European and Asian ideologies, and what to look out for when heading into the cities around Riva. He also loves his daughter very much, as any father should, and talks about her constantly, both in and out of class.

Dr. Littlefield let us out a bit early today, and after lunch and some more catching up all of the students left for a train trip North to Lugano, a large lakebound city a short 10 minute ride away.

The city is almost too appealing to describe in words, so I'll show you some of my favorite snapshots. The only real downsides were that most of the stores had closed by the time we had arrived, and the whole day was pretty much overcast. Still, I immediately fell in love, especially with scenes like this one in the park by the lake.

Here are a few more personal selections for your enjoyment, and as per always, new pics are loaded :)

You've finally got a peace of the pie! Love pie, that is.

B Ezie

7 Comments:

Blogger Ellen & Gary said...

What is the name of that church? Your pictures are truely awesome Brandon....great "eye" for setting the scene just right.

We love what you are doing...so interesting!!!

love, Mom & Dad

Sun Aug 20, 04:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Brandon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Aug 20, 04:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Brandon said...

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure yet; I wandered in there and snapped one or two before a mass was about to start, so I didn't get much time to explore. Although, I'm definitely going there again sometime in the future, so I'll try to look it up for ya.

Sun Aug 20, 04:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Brandon said...

P.S...that deleted comment was me everyone, I made a typo...dont worry, your comments are all safe here.

Sun Aug 20, 04:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the most important question is... did you win at chess??? Looks like you were whoopin up!

Mon Aug 21, 11:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

i love that church picture. awesome.

Fri Aug 25, 11:39:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge chess, awesome. You should have thrown a fit and started attacking people with the giant chess pieces...yeah...that'd be really funny and great for international relations....

Mon Aug 28, 07:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home