What's my age again?
183.
Think I'm going to go ahead with that countdown I started last time. If the entries become as few and far between as this and the last post, I'm going to need a reminder to let me know how close this thing really is to becoming a reality.
Since last time I've been doing quite a bit of reading and traveling. On the reading side, I'm still chugging along in the marathon book I purchased back in February, as well as a new personal finance book I bought to help me make some long term decisions with my savings and income. I've finished a preliminary budget as well, but its unrealistic and inflated in my opinion due to shared expenses with my parents (I billed as personal) and various others that are not typical, but were included on a just-in-case basis. That being said, the current budget doesn't allow me to move anywhere close to where I work... my hopes for a June move were dashed in favor of establishing first an emergency reserve, and then progressive investments. Call it conservative if you like, or even chicken if you're feeling bold, but I think I'm doing the right thing in ensuring a comfortable transfer. I'd rather start ahead of the game than jump in teetering on the edge of debt (or endure awful eating habits on a scant budget to save every penny) paying the majority of my take-home pay into rent and utilities.
As far as travel goes, I've been to Maryland, back to Tech, and up to Pennsylvania in the past two weeks doing everything from volleyball to training for work. It was also my 22nd birthday last weekend, and I went down to Tech to see my roommates and friends, participate in Relay for Life, and catch the tail end of the 4/16 memorial services and events.
It was still a very emotionally charged atmosphere by the time I had arrived Friday evening, but it helped me to be there with everyone and get some much needed closure I wasn't able to find at work. Its hard to explain, but while my co-workers expressed their sincerest sympathies, I still felt as though something was missing and it just wasn't enough to ease my mind as I reflected on the events of a year ago. Thankfully I found that comfort in Blacksburg. I'm PROUD to be a Hokie, and am still in awe at the togetherness that remains amongst all the students, faculty, alumni, and the local community.
And for the running progress, all is still well. I am up to 42 mins per run, and just ran it for the 4th time this week earlier tonight. 45 mins will be a cinch to move up to by next week, so the goal is as good as accomplished! The countdown to registration is on too--just gotta make sure I get my form in 4 days from now!
Till next time,
B.Easy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home