Just can't get enough, I just can't get enough!
Hey gang,
It's been a while. After the Cinque Terre trip there was the marketing final, and more packing for a 9 day trip immediately following it, so I've been pretty occupied up until now.
For the moment, I'll give you guys a few of my favorites from Cinque Terre, and continue the details of the bigger trips in a future post.
Cinque Terre is by far my most favorite travel destination thus far. It's name literally means "5 Towns" in translation. Each of them are either fishing harbor towns, or cliff-top vinyards. Being that this was my first glimpse of true Italy, it has definitely been one to remember for a long time, and hopefully wont make me feel jaded to the rest of the country's history and scenery. It probably won't--my eyes are continually exposed to new meanings of beauty in and around each respective place I've been thus far.
The towns are connected by a single hiking trail that has an ever changing scenery. You will find your way from rock climbing all the way to walking through a romantic leizure stroll accompanied by a street players accordian rendition of Frank Sinatra's "My way". Theres a bit of a rainforest area, castle-like walkways, and olive tree gardens you pass through as well, and its definitely something everyone should experience once in their lives--it's truly an amazing thing. My favorite part of it all was passing over a Stone beach...the sound is unike anything I've heard before, and is really hard to emulate (for those who know me, believe me I've tried). The way it sounds when the waves pull back and the big round stones knock back on to each other is like a very calm yet fierce feline's purr-- I guess that's what it made me think of. I eventually made it through all five towns and it unfortunately ended in rain...BUT I'd totally do it all over again even if it was pouring the whole time.
I gotta get runnin' for now, but as promised, here's a few shots.


This one reminds me of Hawaii-Big Island...see the album for reference.

Love n' Pepperoni Peace-a
B Ezie


2 Comments:
Glad you are back and had a little time to update us. We look forward to seeing what you've seen and your excellent narratives. Love you much, M&D.
Sat Sep 30, 01:36:00 PM
He's alive :) Now I will sleep better.
Mon Oct 02, 11:49:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home