Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I couldn't sleep at all last night...

Still, just lyrics people, but for those who did worry, your assumptions were indeed correct. I didn't in fact, sleep at all... last night.

Yep...Eurotrip all nighter #1. The first, and hopefully the only I'll have while here in Riva. This afternoon and tonight I'll be sleeping like a narcoleptic with a shock inducing trigger to get lots of rest before the midterm

A lot of things were thrown at me at once yesterday, but thankfully I was able to put it all behind me in the long hours of the morning. Although, a few surprises along the way made the night/dawn go by so smoothly because I was in such a good mood. Read on to find out why.

Lets see, where to begin?...

Ah, old news.

The books didn't come in like they were supposed to, and I was then two days away from the midterm without my own printed copies to write notes all over or highlight. I'll be honest I was definitely getting edgy about it. Apparently the latest scoop is that the books have been shipped back from customs with no fees, but they were en route to the local post office when Jeffry went to try and pick them up. They closed before the books got there (if at all, it still remains to be seen). Now even without the books, I've fared reasonably well, meaning I've outlined about 4 chapters with pretty in depth detail. However, if I had remained at that snail's pace, there is no way I would be fully prepared for all nine chapters included in the midterm. So tonight's objective was to do all the vocab for the chapters and scan over the key points..I knew it was going to be a long night already.

We also had our first Italian class yesterday, which was fun and useful, but a big deterrent from the study time I needed. After class I started to get even more stressed too, but not because of the work I had to do. I had recieved several emails from fraternity brothers, and discovered on my own that someone in Blacksburg was on the loose, escaped from prison, having already murdered two, and was still considered armed and extremely dangerous. I first found out on CNN.com where it was their TOP HEADLINE...no joke. Here's a pic of both the local police website when the suspect was still on the loose and a CNN article from today after his capture. I got extremely worried about all my friends at home, and started to contact as many as I could for a good 3 hours, even better for my late night studying cause.

The surprises I got came soon after though, and one actually was while I was seeing if a few of my fraternity brothers (and sisters actually, but we call them brothers too) were alright. Everyone seemed to be ok, which was a great relief, but what made the feeling oh so much better was when I was told my friends got engaged!!! CONGRATS MIKE & LIZ!!! It absolutely made may day, it really did.

The second surprise came on here when I was looking through post comments, and discovered that my parents are now blogging! Now to most that may not seem a very big deal, but my parents and I, though it's tough to admit, don't talk as much as we should when I'm at school, both due to stubbornness on both sides, and the fact that we never know what's going on at the other end of the phoneline, and now we get the chance to do that on a fairly regular basis!

I literally just glided happily through the chapters from that point on, despite it taking me until 6:30 to get it all done. I could have waited to do some this morning and spread it out, but I feel better knowing the hard work is complete and the rest is just review.

For now though, I'm gonna take a good 4 hour nap, continue studying, then sleep for real...

peaaaczzzzz...

B Ezie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can never stay awake in meetings. I find that chewing gum is a HUGE help.

I learned this after I completely fell out of my chair and hit my head in a small class of 13 with the professor. No worries. Like a champ I got right up and said,"I completely agree professor."
-Graham

Tue Aug 22, 11:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out dude! good luck on the test and get some sleep!

Wed Aug 23, 06:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Rex said...

97%? Slacker ;)

Fri Aug 25, 09:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

i'll give you some credit. between the amazing new scenery around you and everything going on in the burg, im not sure i could have concentrated on studying. dont be afraid to sleep sometimes though.

Fri Aug 25, 11:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home