I wonder if I'll ever see you again...pt 2
Been a bit, but here's the rest of my Paris Trip:
Musee Rodin (Rodin Museum):

This is a place with all sorts of sculptures by various artists, namely Auguste Rodin. He is the creator of the world famous Thinking Man you see here. I'm not a huge fan of his other work, as it seems elementary when compared to all of the Greek wing sculptures of the Louvre. It's definitely a different style of art, but that's just my personal preference.
Notre Dame:

Truly a marvel. Everything here is just awe-inspiring with it's gothic architecture. The gargoyles are really fun, and not one of them are the same, contradicting the the building's appearance of symmetry from afar. The inside is just as impressive as its external appeal. Towering dark pillars lend a stage for incredible lighting from the stained glass windows, yet keep the inner atmosphere of the church very mystifying. It is definitely one of the top spots to visit when in Paris.
Sainte Chappelle:

This is my favorite of the Paris churches, because of the stained glass display on the 2nd level. It encircles the entire room separated by stone designs of different patterns and lines. My pictures really dont give this place justice, because the lighting is very difficult to capture just right on camera. Make it a sure target if you ever make it to Paris.
Pompidou Center:

This is a painting called "Dr. Livingston, I presume?" I found here in Paris' modern art museum. It's my favorite paintings in there because while it looks like so many things are going on with realistic shapes and shadings, if you look closer, you find out that not one piece is a recognizeable object, and it is thrown together as a massive unit on the canvas. Its hard to explain, but I found it really interesting because it shows a lot of things you can do with just a little improvisation. It takes your eyes all over the place looking for things that seem to make sense to you, but when it doesnt, you find your imagination taking over and providing some closure (at least I did). There's all sorts of other strange stuff in there too, and I didn't understand a lot of it, but the video art they had in there was pretty neat too. One guy recorded himself doing exaggerated walking on the path of a square forward and backward, and It was just funny to me, but an interesting idea at the same time.
Luxembourg Gardens:

One of our rest spots after walking around so much during the day. In certain places it looks like a small Carribbean oasis in the middle of a ginormous city. AMAZING!
The Pantheon:

Yet another church that resembles the Capital Building, but it is famous because it is the tomb of two founders of the Enlightenment era: Voltaire and Rousseau. Inside they were doing a lot of renovations, so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but it was still a good stop nonetheless.
And so concludes my run in Paris. It is a very busy city, with probably as much activity underground on the tube(subway) as above. Still, aside from the cramped nature of it I dont think I could ever get used to, I definitely want to make my way back there someday. There's so much more to see, and the things I had seen I'd like to learn more about. Paris is interesting and somewhat unique in the fact that they have so much history there, yet manage to remain modern at the same time.
I also learned an amazing new recipe there! I'll keep it a secret for now, but lets just say it is a perfect meal for people on the go or an easy fix up for college kids with few materials.
Au Revoir! -for now.
B Ezie


2 Comments:
Direct Quote: "I Love Brandon and I Love his Blog."
-Zach
Mon Sep 11, 09:23:00 AM
Sounds and looks like you had an awesome trip to paris. We love the close ups of the gargoyles at Notre Dame (in your photo album).
dying of curiosity about that great recipe. With our hours and Colin's two sports schedule, it'll come in handy! --M&D
Wed Sep 13, 12:08:00 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home