What a feeling in my soul...


This is where I spent my post exam relaxation time Thursday afternoon. Monte Generoso and a Bear Cave close by.
I took an electric-cable-cog train up the mountain with Jeffry and 4 other students, and pretty much went on a photo frenzy...this place has absolutely unbelievable scenery as you now know.
The Bear cave was really cool too, I had expected it to be somewhat of a tourist location, but it turned out to be a live excavation site for the archaeology students at the university of Milan in Italy. The entrance was so small I had to almost crawl to get in, and we were all distributed hard hats just in case we misjudged the ceiling. Inside they still had their digging plots lined with string and you could see their current progress to date. It was really an interesting surprise, and we were given a short informaton basis on the bones that had been unearthed. This is one of the skulls.

They estimate that these bears were much larger than those of today, weighing between 300 and 500 kgs! They also hypothesize that the bears were herbivores because of their molar shapes, and perhaps only had the incisors for defense. Really neat stuff.
After the uphill climb back to the top, we stopped awhile to catch our breath, and I got these amazing other shots. It was really a perfect day to go hiking, and I'm really glad the initial day to go was rescheduled.


The rest are posted on the album...enjoy!
We got back and I had one of the most peaceful sleeps of my life. That view is so calming, it really just made everything seem easy.
Today we started the new class, International Marketing, with the same teacher as before. It really isnt all that much different thus far, and the teaching format is still the same, so I think I'll be able to do well in this one as well.
After class I got all caught up on here and then packed. Tonight we're going to PARIS!!! I forget the length of the stay, but I think its something like 4 days, so don't expect anymore posts for at least that long. Glad I wont be playing extra catch up though when I get back...maybe I'll try writing them down so I can just type it up when I get back to get it on here faster.
Au revoir!
paix et amour,
B Ezie


1 Comments:
Wow! Just got finished reading the posts for the last few days. Your classmates are right to let you be the photographer...Just wonderful. You really have a great eye for photography.
We really enjoy reading about your adventures and the way you sneak in a little bit of history about where you've been.
Keep it up!! Love you much. M&D
Fri Sep 01, 10:25:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home